There is no charge to attend any of these training sessions.
Sessions will be held at:
- The Birmingham News (BN), 2201 4th Ave. N. [map], (205) 325-4444
- The Redmont Hotel (RH), 2101 5th Ave. N. [map], (205) 324-2101
Tuesday, Sept. 25
- 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. — Great Media Writing (RH)
- 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. — Prime Time Selling (BN) (full day)
- 1:30 – 4:30 p.m. — Secrets of Successful Storytelling (RH)
Wednesday, Sept. 26
- 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. — Coaching & Communication Skills for Improving Job Performance (RH)
- 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. —A Day of Photoshop for the Newspaper Designer (BN) (full day)
- 1:30 – 4:30 p.m. — Attracting, Motivating and Retaining Highly Engaged Employees (RH)
Thursday, Sept. 27
- 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. — Essential Skills for District Managers (RH)
- 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. — Back to the Basics Sales Workshop (BN) (full day)
- 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. — The Past, Present and Future of Circulation (RH)
All sessions are open to all newspaper departments. Participation in sessions outside your area of responsibility is encouraged to gain a better understanding of the newspaper industry as a whole.
Please register using the online registration. If you do not have access to the internet or have access to email, click for the program and faxable registration form.
More dates / FAQs.
Questions? Call the SNPA Office at 404-256-0444.