We have several job opportunities available at al.com:
- Senior Producer / Sports
- Multimedia Designer
- Graphic Design Intern – Web
Also, we are actively seeking free-lance photographers to cover events for al.com. Amateur photographers are encouraged! These individuals would be attending and taking pictures at community events for posting into photo galleries on al.com. It is a part-time, as needed position ($10/hour). E-mail resume and other information to email@example.com.
editorial producer, al.com
Job descriptions after the jump …
Senior Producer / Sports
The Senior Producer for Sports is responsible for overseeing production and editorial activities of all sports sections on al.com. The Senior Producer will direct day-to-day sports production and be actively involved in updating the site.
The Senior Producer will work closely with affiliate newspapers to build special-report packages, update e-mail newsletters, help manage bloggers, create photo galleries, monitor news wires and discussion forums, oversee audio and video production and direct the al.com high school sports network.
Candidates should possess a BS in Journalism or have comparable work experience. Candidates must have at least 5 years experience covering high school and college athletics, preferably in Alabama. Candidates should be familiar with the maintenance of a news and information web site and understand the importance of database publishing to online sports coverage. An ideal candidate will have strong computer skills and be comfortable working with online applications.
Candidates must possess skills in the following areas:
- Editing photos with Adobe Photoshop and ImageReady
- Editing HTML with a text editor
- Using FTP to publish files to the Internet
- Strong grammar and spelling skills
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating systems
The position requires night and weekend work. The position reports to the Editor-In-Chief.
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The candidate will will work on projects ranging from online ads and email blasts to web sites. The candidate will also be responsible for creating print ads and other marketing collateral.
- BA in Graphic Design or equiv.
- Min. 2 years exp. in web site design/development
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Macromedia Dreamweaver and Flash
- Proficiency in CSS, PHP and other web programming languages
- Strong visual aesthetic skills; Attention to detail
- Mac and PC platform
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Send online portfolio, resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Graphic Design Intern – Web
Candidate will be responsible for developing and executing web advertising creative and assisting in web development. Must have strong computer graphics and programming skills, be highly creative, and enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Flash
- Working knowledge of Dreamweaver and programming languages
- Internet knowledgeable
- Mac and PC friendly
- Portfolio necessary for consideration
$10 per hour/20-40 hours – flexible; Birmingham, AL
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.