MOB member Emily Peterson has passed this opening to us. Duties would include administrative, fundraising, events, public relations, recruitment and marketing tasks. For more information, contact Emily at (205) 939-5590, ext. 61. Check out the organization at www.bbbsbhm.org.
- Mental Floss nominated for National Magazine Award
- SPJ chapter to hold Ethics Poker night
- The only site ever banned from al.com’s state blog list
- Questions on the 1-year anniversary of the Alabama Media Group
- ADVANCE CRISIS: The insanely obsessive guide to the Birmingham News/al.com implosion
- Young Women’s Empowerment Conference wins cash award
- Media of Birmingham, the final phase
- Nick Patterson quietly (shh!) named new editor of Weld
- Whitmire departs Weld, leading to online acrimony from the publisher
- Where to find the story of the day on al.com
- Quiz: Can You Name These Biblical Figures?
- Quiz: Can We Guess Your Education Level From The U.S. States You Know?
- Quiz: Can We Guess Your Education Level Based On Your Sports History Knowledge?
- Quiz: Can You Name All Of These Iconic Women? Level 1
- Quiz: Can You Identify All These Historical Objects? Level 1
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
What you said
Alynne Douglass on The new look of Cooking Light… » On starting… on Just another one-newspaper… » No links, no… on The only site ever banned from… » Denial of co… on The only site ever banned from… Why Mainstream Print… on Birmingham News, other Advance…
Keywords2009 2010 ABC 33/40 Advance Central Services Alabama Advance Publications advertising al.com alabama Alabama Media Group app award Birmingham Birmingham Business Journal Birmingham Magazine Birmingham News Birmingham Weekly blog Brian Cauble CBS 42 Coastal Living contest Cooking Light Cottage Living downtown editor editorial event Fox 6 freelance Glenny Brock Health Hoffman Media Homewood Huntsville Times intern internship iPhone job job posting Josh Grenon journalism Kyle Whitmire lakeview layoff magazine marketing media Media of Birmingham MOB Mobile Mobile Press-Register networking new media news newspaper public relations publishing radio redmont hotel review social media Society of Professional Journalists Southern Accents Southern Living Southern Progress Corporation Southside SPJ television Time Inc. Twitter Victor Hanson III video web website workshop
Magic City Flickr Group
- RT @FAN_BiggerPict: The Film and TV COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund is now live. It has been created with @BFI to provide one-off grants f… 1 hour ago
- Pew: between 2008 and 2018, the number of newsroom employees aged 35-54 fell 42%, from 52.9K to 30.8K, as share of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- Tribune Publishing is the latest journalism organization to announce cuts — 2% to 10% salary reductions poynter.org/business-work/… 5 hours ago
- McClatchy furloughs about 115 employees to deal with the impact of coronavirus - CNN cnn.com/2020/04/09/med… 5 hours ago
- RT @RickEdmonds: WOW! Hearst newspapers promised no layoffs, no furloughs, no pay cuts as they cover the pandemic and recession. Plus bonu… 1 day ago