The nation’s third-largest radio company is headed for Chapter 11.
Citadel Broadcasting is expected to file for bankruptcy by Dec. 31, according to a report last week in the Wall Street Journal. The company would swap $2 billion in debt to lenders for an equal stake in a reorganized operation.
The broadcaster’s stations in Birmingham are:
- WAPI (1070 AM), news/talk
- WJOX (94.5 FM), sports/talk
- WSPZ (690 AM), sports/talk
- WUHT, Hot 107.7, R&B
- WWMM, Live 100.5 , Adult Album Alternative
- WZRR (99.5 FM), Classic Rock 99