Brooks, Clark, Walker
The Birmingham News announced promotions to fill the void at the top, created by Hunter George’s retirement as executive editor, along with Pamela Dugan’s departure as assistant managing editor.
- Co-assistant managing editors Chuck Clark and Scott Walker are now co-managing editors, effective today. Clark oversees metro, business and features, while Walker oversees editing, production, photo, art and sports.
- Night metro editor Staff writer Staci Brooks is now director of interactive content, succeeding Robert Sims who moved to AL.com as director of content.
The promotions were effective as of today.
As for demotions, editor Tom Scarritt announced these changes in his Sunday column …
- The Sunday comics will drop from six pages to four.
- As a result, the following Sunday strips have been dropped:
- “Judge Parker”
- “Prickly City” (drawn by former News editorial cartoonist Scott Stantis)
- “Prince Valiant”
- The weekly North and East community news sections have been combined into one section.
• • •
More coverage of The Birmingham News.
• • •
Read more Birmingham media updates.
Have a news tip? Let us know!
Pingback: The Archibald column the Birmingham News doesn’t want you to see « Media of Birmingham