Birmingham Parent magazine won 10 awards in the 2009 Parenting Publications of America Editorial and Design Competition, announced earlier this month.
The judges’ comments included praise for the publication’s efforts, such as the Family Fun column by Patrick Rimmer:
“A clever concept, executed well. This is the sort of column that differentiates a publication and serves readers. Consumer-friendly reporting with verve.”
Also, publisher Carol Muse Evans was elected PPA vice president for 2010.
- Editorial for Family Fun Column, “The Park Rater,” By Patrick Rimmer;
- Interior Photography, “Baby’s First Haircut” – Amanda Traywick, photographer, Hilary Moreno designer and art director;
- Special Section within a Publication – 2009 Special Needs Guide, Hilary Moreno designer and art director, Lori Pruitt associate editor, Amanda Traywick photographer and Carol Muse Evans publisher;
- Overall Design for a Publication – Hilary Moreno, designer and art director.
- Calendar Design – Hilary Moreno, designer and art director;
- Calendar Writing – Lori C. Pruitt, calendar editor and associate editor;
- Feature Layout Design, “The Color of Love” from the September 2009 issue, Hilary Moreno, designer and art director;
- Table of Contents Design, Hilary Moreno, designer and art director;
- “Short Stuff” Design, Hilary Moreno, designer and art director.
- Editorial Reviews, “A Page in a Book,” written by Paige Gardner Smith, associate editor Lori C. Pruitt and Editor Carol Muse Evans;
- General Excellence, January 2009 “Going to College Guide,” Hilary Moreno Art Director, Amanda Traywick Photographer, Associate Editor Lori C. Pruitt and Editor/Publisher Carol Muse Evans.
Also: full list of PPA award winners.
• • •
Read more Birmingham media updates.
Have a news tip? Let us know!