Where’s the Money Now?
- Alabama Media Professionals Fall Workshop
- 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 14
- Southeastern Conference, First Floor Meeting Room, 2201 Richard Arrington, Jr. Blvd. N., downtown [map]
- Cost: $35, $25 for members, $15 for students. Includes lunch and deck parking. Make checks payable to Alabama Media Professionals and mail to Madelyn Bonnett, 2078 Crenshaw Road, Columbiana, AL 35051.
- For more information, call Marti Slay, 655-1414.
Challenged by client cutbacks and layoffs, writers and other communications professionals are seeking new income sources. Where do you turn when the world seems to turn on you? What do you need to learn? Where are the new markets for your talents? Get the answers from AMP’s panel of professionals who have taken bold steps and will give you first-hand information. You’ll leave with ideas you can turn into cash by venturing into new media, learning new skills, and showing your clients how to compete in today’s fast-changing environment.
- Dr. Wilson Lowrey, Assistant Professor of Journalism at the University of Alabama.
- Jennifer Walker Journey, Professional Blogger
- John Phillips, Nighthawk Publications
Workshop Scholarships: Alabama Media Professionals will offer a limited number of workshop scholarships to individuals who have lost jobs or major income from client budget cuts. These scholarships are funded by donations from members and event sponsors. For details, e-mail Ann Halpern at email@example.com.
• • •
Have an event to share? Let us know!