How Sustainable Word-of-Mouth Marketing Can Help Boost Your Bottom Line
Geno Church and Spike Jones show how to identify those brand advocates already speaking out on your word-of-mouth program. Build an effective, meaningful movement for your brand to directly impact your bottom line.
- Who: Alabama chapter of the Public Relations Society of America
- When: 5:30-7:30 p.m. Dec. 3
- Where: Innovation Depot, 1500 First Ave. N., downtown [map]
- Cost: One can of food, to be donated to United Way Food Bank; food and refreshments provided, plus door prizes.
- Also: 1.0 Continuing Education Credit
- To reserve your spot: Register online or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information: Visit the event site.
The First Amendment, Freedom of the Press and the Future of Journalism
The National Press Club, the world’s leading professional organization for journalists, along with the Birmingham Regional Chamber of Commerce and the Alabama Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America are teaming up to look at the future of the news media and how to protect its core values.
The NPC Centennial Forum on “The First Amendment, Freedom of the Press and the Future of Journalism,” features a panel of leading Birmingham journalists.
The panel will be moderated by Gil Klein, a veteran national correspondent for Southern newspapers, a past Club president and director of the Club’s Centennial Project.
The forum is part of a nationwide conversation the National Press Club, http://www.press.org, is holding during its 100th anniversary to look at where the news business is going and what news consumers should be demanding.
“In this tumultuous time for journalism, we are pleased to gather such a prestigious panel in Birmingham to look at these crucial issues,” said NPC President Sylvia Smith.
- When: 9 a.m., Friday, Oct. 3
- Where: Southeastern Conference headquarters, 2201 Richard Arrington Blvd. N. [map]
- Cost: free
- Parking: free … park in this deck, and bring your ticket to be validated
- RSVP: Melanie Davis, email@example.com
- Moderator: Gil Klein, National Press Club Centennial Project Director
- Ken Booth, Editor-in-Chief, Al.com
- Matt Bunker, University of Alabama Journalism School
- James Finch, News Director, Fox 6
- Tom Scarritt, Editor, Birmingham News