The Traveling Campus is coming Sept. 25-27 to Birmingham. These programs are being co-sponsored by the Alabama Press Association.
There is no charge to attend any of these training sessions.
Sessions will be held at:
- The Birmingham News (BN), 2201 4th Ave. N. [map], (205) 325-4444
- The Redmont Hotel (RH), 2101 5th Ave. N. [map], (205) 324-2101
Tuesday, Sept. 25
- 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. — Great Media Writing (RH)
- 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. — Prime Time Selling (BN) (full day)
- 1:30 – 4:30 p.m. — Secrets of Successful Storytelling (RH)
Wednesday, Sept. 26
- 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. — Coaching & Communication Skills for Improving Job Performance (RH)
- 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. —A Day of Photoshop for the Newspaper Designer (BN) (full day)
- 1:30 – 4:30 p.m. — Attracting, Motivating and Retaining Highly Engaged Employees (RH)
Thursday, Sept. 27
- 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. — Essential Skills for District Managers (RH)
- 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. — Back to the Basics Sales Workshop (BN) (full day)
- 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. — The Past, Present and Future of Circulation (RH)
All sessions are open to all newspaper departments. Participation in sessions outside your area of responsibility is encouraged to gain a better understanding of the newspaper industry as a whole.
- Detailed description of the Birmingham Traveling Campus sessions.
- Faculty biographies.
Please register using the online registration. If you do not have access to the internet or have access to email, click for the program and faxable registration form.
More dates / FAQs.
Questions? Call the SNPA Office at 404-256-0444.